Birmingham Calligraphy Guild
Workshop Policies and Procedures
- Most workshops are open to all skill levels.
- The instructor may request the level of student skill.
- Registration is open to all members when the workshop is announced.
- Registrants will be added to the participant list in order of deposits received.
- If the workshop is full, individuals will be added to the waiting list. (See deposit information below.)
- Deposits should be sent to the Treasurer/Membership
- Birmingham Calligraphy Guild, 324
Emerald Lane, Chelsea, AL 35043
- To reserve your space in a workshop you must
send in the amount designated by the workshop chair(s) as the
estimated cost of the workshop. We are no longer taking small
deposits for workshops.
- Write the name of the workshop on your check.
- Each individual will be notified of his/her status by the Treasurer via email when his/her check arrives.
- Checks will be deposited upon arrival.
- Note: The checks of individuals who are placed on a waiting list will be deposited when a place becomes available. If no place opens, the check will be returned or destroyed.
- Members' Fee is the announced fee; non-members’ fee is an additional $25.00
- The additional $25.00 is not the Guild's membership fee.
- If a non-member wishes to become a member of the BCG, they may join by paying the Guild Dues ($25) in a separate transaction.
- If the amount of the workshop exceeds the
estimate you may be required to pay the difference.
- Refunds are given only under the following circumstances:
- If someone takes a registrant's place – replacements will be sought first from the waiting list, and then by soliciting other members and guilds.
- In the case of a death in the immediate family – defined as a spouse, child, or parent.
- If the workshop is canceled.
Cancellation of the workshop:
- In the case of a workshop cancellation, the workshop fee will be returned.
- The workshop will be canceled if the minimum number of registrants have not sent in